Your reputation matters is a seemingly simple fact and with huge ramifications. Here once again in our series of real world press and business insights we highlight a great article in Forbes magazine on a study that found that companies say that their online reputation is vital to their continued success.
Each day we encourage companies to take their online reputation seriously and begin to gain better control of their brand and services. With our List Builder Dashboard, Customer Voice Dashboard, and Reputation Management Dashboard apps that put all your company’s digital presence in one place, we make it easier than ever to do just that.
Here are some highlights from the article that we think you should know…
Online reputation management has long been a topic of conversation and concern for business owners but TripAdvisor’s latest study shows just how quickly we’ve reached the tipping point.
The 2018 study (launched in partnership with Ipsos MORI) asked travel business owners and operators in the U.S. and around the globe about the key industry trends that are top of mind for them this year.
Respondents made clear the outsized importance of maintaining a positive online footprint and digitally engaging with their current and potential customers. Of particular note, 97 percent said online reputation management is important to their business. The same was true of online reviews (98 percent) and social presence (92 percent).
These trends are not unique to businesses in travel and hospitality. Buyers in all industries (including B2B customers) are using digital content and online search to make their purchasing decisions. Even startups seeking investment must worry about what investors find online.
“What’s clear is that the overwhelming majority of owners and operators are concerned about their presence online and how they are using mobile and social platforms to attract the right consumers,” said Martin Verdon-Roe, vice president of business-to-business product of TripAdvisor, in the press release.
Some more highlights to consider…
- In fact, businesses risk losing 22 percent of business when potential customers find one negative article on the first page of their search results.
- Three negative articles can cause that number to jump to 59.2 percent.
- Dig through search results, images, and old social media posts, or look to professional brand reputation manager for help.
- But the very first step is incredibly simple: claiming your online listings. It’s the verification process by which you prove that you represent the business is question.
- When decision makers were asked why they selected a particular vendor, 75 percent said the winning vendor’s content had a significant impact on their buying decisions.
- Companies without a strong digital content strategy risk losing buyer awareness, and ultimately, sales opportunities.
As you can see major business magazines and media outlets are recommending that companies learn more and do more about their digital reputation and sales content. We have seen it time to time when businesses believe that they are doing well or dominate their local geographical region only to start to loose out to competitors all due to the lack of quality digital content and poor or non-existing reputations. People access an average of 3 different businesses online each day and once making a decision, may return 7 to 10 times to their online web site and social media outlets before making or receiving a phone call.
We can help you stand head and shoulders above your local regional competition by providing you a one-stop shop for all your brand reputation and digital marketing needs. Discover the wide range of products that we offer!
You can read the full article here….